Coyne College, a 120 year-old career college in the heart of Chicago’s Loop, seeks an Electrical Instructor to teach courses in electrical construction and planning.
Course content includes AutoCAD, PLCs, blueprint reading, estimating, project planning, and design. The Electrical Instructor is available for day instruction, evening instruction or both (day and evening instruction amounts to full-time hours). The required hours for day instruction are Mondays through Thursdays, 8:00 am – 12:30 pm; evening instruction hours are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
Electrical Instructor Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain an approved syllabus and daily lesson plan outlining course content and learning objectives
- Utilize a variety of teaching techniques to accommodate the learning styles of a diverse student body
- Administer and grade quizzes, tests and exams
- Actively work to maintain a high level of student enrollment by maintaining accurate daily attendance records, calling absent students, and communicating attendance concerns to the Director of Education and/or Campus Director
Electrical Instructor Requirements:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years proven experience in the electrical/AutoCAD field.
- Possession of industry certifications.
- Previous teaching or training experience desired.
Coyne College offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time instructors. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays each calendar year, and a pension plan.
Relocation will not be provided, so local candidates please. Please email resume and cover letter for consideration.