Coyne College, a 120 year-old career college in the heart of Chicago’s Loop, seeks an Instructor to teach heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) courses.
Course content will cover commercial controls and applications, gas heating, air conditioning, sheet metal, and troubleshooting. The HVAC Instructor position is available for day instruction, evening instruction or both (day and evening instruction amounts to full-time hours). The required hours for day instruction are Mondays through Thursdays, 8:00 am – 12:30 pm; evening instruction hours are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
HVAC Instructor Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintain an approved syllabus and daily lesson plan outlining course content and learning objectives
- Utilize a variety of teaching techniques to accommodate the learning styles of a diverse student body
- Administer and grade quizzes, tests and exams
- Actively work to maintain a high level of student enrollment by maintaining accurate daily attendance records, calling absent students, and communicating attendance concerns to the Director of Education.
HVAC Instructor Requirements:
- Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years proven experience in the HVAC/R field.
- Possession of industry certifications.
- Previous teaching or training experience preferred.
Coyne College offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time instructors. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays each calendar year, and a pension plan.
Relocation will not be provided, so local candidates please. Please email resume and cover letter for consideration.